another clutch ?

Troy Brown /

it takes a few kicks(1 peddle) for my clutch to engage. should i be thinking clutch plate?

Re: another clutch ?

Troy Brown /
tbrd OP

anybody

Smitty Smith /

What kind of 'ped, and have you tried adjusting the clutch cable?

Troy Brown /
tbrd OP

Smitty its a Puch, and yes the cable has been adjusted.

Smitty Smith /

ok, I'd check the clutch itself. The plate typically doesn't go bad, but the pads on the clutch will wear-out over time. If you find that you need to replace the clutch, I'd suggest the three-shoe assy' from Moped Warehouse. I just installed one in a 70cc E50 I built for butnut in Hawaii, and I love this clutch. It's MUCH better than a stock two-shoe one.

Also another thing to inspect would be the "button" in the center of the clutch plate, as well as the retaining ring that holds the clutch plate in the basket. I hope this helps.

Smitty

Troy Brown /
tbrd OP

thanks Smitty for the info. I will check it out, also do you think there might be a big difference in the reinforced hi po clutch from 50cc.nl and the 3 shoe clutch from MPWH? one of my 1speed e50,s will get the works.

Smitty Smith /

I don't know, but I REALLY like the performance of the three-shoed clutch. This is the first one I've ever used, but it's MUCH better than the stock two shoed one. I've also heard that the newer Puch's had the three shoe clutch, but I haven't gotten an E50 that came with it already in it stock. I really think you'd be impressed , and definitely not disappointed. I'm going to be building myself a "big-bore" E50, and I will without a doubt install this same three-shoe one. It's also adjustable too!!!

Smitty

Troy Brown /
tbrd OP

thanks smitty . please read my other post

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account