minarelli engine mounts?

does anyone have any spare minarelli engine mounts?? i had my general up on a table and somehow managed to dump it off, bending two of my mounts in the process. im going to try and bend them back(any ideas of a good way to do that?) but id rather just buy some straight ones from someone... anyone?

Re: minarelli engine mounts?

Take the bike and engine down to your nearest privately owned muffler shop and ask them if they can bend the mounts back. They are used to `making do' with imperfect fitting pipes and flanges. If it's a General top-tank, I'd recommend you remove the bigh gas tank and carb. and shield the intake pipe with tin foil or something.But if it has the gas tank in the frame, make SURE they know that before they heat and bend anything. don-ohio (:^)

thanks don, i'll try that out. i've already removed 3 of the mounts from the engine, do you think i should put them back and just take the cylinder head with me?? i had the head off when it fell, which is why only two of them bent. oh, and it is a top tank, i actually already have the tank off so that wont be a problem. thanks so much for your advice

.marianne

the mounts that Marianne actually bent are for the cylinder/head. she had the cylinder off when the bike fell bending the cylinder mounts. does anyone have 2-3 of these minarelli botls lying around?

the mounts that Marianne actually bent are for the cylinder/head. she had the cylinder off when the bike fell bending the cylinder mounts. does anyone have 2-3 of these minarelli bolts lying around?

yeah, not only does curt have to point out that im an idiot, but he has to do it twice in a row. i did mean cylinder mounts. thanks for the edit curt :)

Oh.........so you are looking for replacement studs that screw into the block and secure the top end? You have them unscrewed?

www.mopedwarehouse.com or Handy Bikes 1-614-299-0550 has them. don-ohio

Take a look to the left yo.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account