Tomos A35 trans oil

My manual for the 1995 Targa LX said to use Tyoe A which I went to great effort to find. I drained the Dexron III out and put Type A in and the darn thing doesn't shift nearly as well as before. Whats up with that? Any ATF fluid guru's want to weigh in on the subject?

Re: Tomos A35 trans oil

Just use ATF TYPE F!! you cant go wrong.... i run it in all my a-35 and A-55 motors with ne probs what so ever. and it's readily found!

is there a place where you can get massive amounts of type f? The little bottles that it comes in can never last very long, and filling a shopping bag with those little bottles hardly seems efficient

why not buy type "F" in the quart size......that should last you 2000 miles.

type a suffix f

my manual says to use ATF type A suffix A

But ATF Type "f" is just as good. i use it in all my tomos a-35 and a-55 motors!

Don Pflueger /

type f is more abrasive and will wear the clutches out faster. it does make them grab better tho. i use type a suffix a.

Tell me where you got those bottles of type a?? I have looked with no luck!

Don Pflueger /

my brother in law works for a company in cleveland called everready, no relation to the batteries. he makes it for another company. i get cases of it when i need it. he also makes all sorts of lubricants for gm, ford and dodge such as white lithium grease, penetrating oils, and paint. but they dont sell to individuals.

if maby you could get like 4 qurts for me how much for each? I will be at the moped races so i could pay you then! let me know, Matt

Don Pflueger /

i wont be at the races. and i cant sell them.

Darn... thats cool. srry to hear your not comming to the races :-(

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account