Gurtner Carb question

I have accquired a Gurtner carburetor. I think it's a model 7. I'm not too certain about that. But I've noticed that every Gurtner I've come across seems not to have a hole in the slide for a needle, just a throttle cable hole. I was wondering if the Gurtners usually doesn't have a needle?

Thank you

EK

Re: Gurtner Carb question

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/catagory/3/458/ Look at thisfrom the MA photo section. Jim.

i couldnt figure that carb out it was so weird thats why i replaced it with a chinese delorto copy

Jason,

Yeah, I agree. They're really weird. I suspect that the choke itself uses vaccum to choke. I guess in this case, you'd have to have a really damned good seal between the carb and the intake in order for it to work.

From Jim (Steamboat)'s Gurtner explosion picture, it appears that there is no needle for this carb. Damn... I went to a lot of trouble to find the right one. (Bought 3 carbs in a row to find out they're the wrong one.)

Hopefully, it'll work.

EK

Jim,

Thank you very much for posting that picture. It's VERY helpful.

Best regards,

EK

the choke works by cable it had a cable in it but when i was trying to get the choke to move the cable just pulled out i have no idea how the cable attached to the choke

Jason,

I don't know anything about Gurtner carbs, but from what it looks like to me-

All the cables on my moped has 1 ball end, 1 open end.

So, I am figuring, that you're supposed to put the end of the cable without the ball through the bottom part of the choke hole, going upwards then the choke slide goes on top of that, with the pitted end down, so that the ball holds on to it- and then the spring follows and the top goes on top of it.

Attached is a pic to show you what I mean. Please note that the "hole" as I labelled is actually on the other side and is the choke hole itself.

Of course, it's just an educated guess. Hope I'm right about this. Dan Adams would be able to verify.

EK

1112430551_dag.jpg

In my opinion the gutener carbs suck. I like the chinese 80cc carb that i put on my Batavus GP. But if you can get it to work proplerly it shoudl be good.

i put the same chinese carb on my motobecane it worked great but it wont fit his moby x cause the intake is too small

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account