puch - tail lights and spark?

someone told me that if you dont have good tail lights in that you wont get spark, but that was regarding a tomos, is this the same for puchs? i have a '78 maxi without tail lights and i am wondering if this could be the reason for my lack of spark. thanks. -pat.

Re: puch - tail lights and spark?

Jason Luther /

i thought that was the case, but i recently had both the tail light and brake light burn out. and yes, the ped still ran. whether or not a bulb is in there is a differnt issue.

Same here,

My Puch maxi was dead when I bought it. No lights and no run. I got it to run first and then fixed the lights.

I have understood that SOME Puchs have the ignition wired thru the taillight. I don't know for sure though. PAUL may know this...or Zippy or someone. don-ohio

In my research on Puchs I read that some (not all) early Puchs were wired through the lights... and if the taillight was burnt out the ped wouldn't run... They changed the wiring in later models for obvious reasons... by altering the wiring in the light switch so that the main circuit didn't include the taillight wire in the loop!

well all my puches 1978 and 1980 are ran through the horn even chris said the main thing to check on a puch with no spark is the horn wires mine has fallen out b4 and my puch wouldnt run if u have no horn and the wires are disconnected just wire them together

BlAiR

i agree. the earlier models were grounded through the tail light. in the later years, the wiring was changed, and it wqas grounded through the horn. it makes it crazy, but if you are not getting spark, or the moped is not starting, it's important to check that both the horn, and tail light are connected, and grounded properly.

Patrick Stover /

wow! that halps way more than you think. i remember that my maxi has one of the horn wires broken. im gonna go fix that. Thanks Guys!

Yes, Zippy has brought out often how to check your PUCH`ped without the horn. don-ohio

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account