Airsal Kit

I installed an airsal kit on my streetmate, but Im having some problems. I havent been able to get air box back on because the carb is much bigger than the airbox connector. Also, the bike only goes 40. This could be because of the airbox, but is there anything you need to change to use the airsal kit (like the spark plug).

Re: Airsal Kit

I have a streetmate and put an airsal kit on it also. What I did is to use the stock elbow intake and 14-12 carb from an a35. I also used the air box from like a revival but modified to let more air flow. The rear gear I changed to a 24 tooth from the revival. I am running the stock sparkplug and a 58 jet in the carb, using the stock a55 head. The exhaust pipe is a tecnogas next and I run 43-47mph.

i bought the airsal kit from ike, and he said I needed a delorto carb and a new intake. I am using those as well as a 22 sprocket and a 60 jet and a biturbo exhaust. Do you think I need a new airbox too? Right now I just have a piece of foam attached to the carb and I think its bogging out or something because Im only going a couple of miles faster than before I installed the kit.

Have you already upjetted and done plug chops?

I"m not trying to sound like an ass, just checking.

lol, I upjetted, but I dont even know what doing plug chops is.

Did you adjust your throttle cable after changing carbs? If not you are not getting full throttle.

Im pretty sure im getting full throttle because the choke turns off when I pull the throttle all the way back.

Well, then you need to install an air box because your either leaning out from to much air goin into the carb or bogging down or 4-stroking from not enough air making it through your make-shift air filter. oh ans jeff... i may not be on this site much because of my dang computer but i droped my exhaust off at ike's and he's gonna gut it this week!! not tha baffles tho.

One of my friends is using a little metal filter that goes in the exhaust, and it seems to work pretty well. Does anyone know where I could get a hold of one of those metal filters that fit in the intake?

Adam, since your choke kicks off I would said that you are getting full throttle. Two other things come to mind you might check. One is did you put the piston in correct with the square hole up towards the intake side? Number two is your exhaust new? If not maybe it is clogged up some what.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account