middle 70's honda C100

Zach Poortinga /

im repairing a middle 70's C100 for this guy i know and at firlst i couldn't get it started so i worked away at it cleaned the carb and everything and i finally got it started and drove it around a bit but it wasn't even goin 10m/h i let it sit for the weekend and now it won't start..i can't think of anything that might be wrong except for maby the points arn't working properly..any1 with and idea let me know

Re: middle 70's honda C100

Try a new spark plug and use a squirt of Starter Fluid.. if it runs, the ignition is OK but the carb or something to do with fuel needs cleaning or adjustment.

10 mph top speed could be caused by just about anything.. like a choke that's not wide open..

Since it's not a moped, visit a Honda Cub / Passport forum.. or go get a "Clymer: Honda 50-110cc OHC Singles '65-1999" manual at the Honda store.

Leon Swarmer /

could be timing.too

yea i might think timing OR poor compression?

Zach Poortinga /

its a brand new spark plug its got great compression and i cleaned the carb but not sure about timing

Zach Poortinga /

does anyone know how i get the cover off to get at the points

i got the first cover off and the nut for the second one but it won't slide off...do i need gear pullers?

Maybe you don't need to remove the points. Doesn't it have slots in the magneto(cover) that allow you to stick a screwdriver thru? If so..........take a good look(in good lighting) at the points when you pry them gently apart. If they're pitted badly,replace them, but if they just are discolored or a little rough, take a small points file and file the surfaces and finish up with a ladies' fingernail emery board to polish them. Re-set the gap and fire her up!

P.S.: Ladies don't usually like you taking their emery fingernail file. Here is where STEALTH comes in! LOL!

don-ohio (:^D

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account