Batavus Regency, lack of speed

I finally got my Bat running. (thanks to those who offered advice by the way) The problem is that when I took it out on the road it was really slow even at full throttle. I mean slower than I can walk, probably less than 5 mph. Now, I still have to get the mixture on the engine right and take of some other stuff, but I was thinking that it was either the clutch slipping or possibly lack of compression. Anyways, I would appreciate any input on the matter, ecspecially about fixing the clutch because my knowledge of them is very minimal.

Thanks,

Info_kill

Re: Batavus Regency, lack of speed

Is it revving up?

Yes, the throttle cable and slide, etc. work and the engine revs, and is fairly loud.

Don Pflueger /

how much compression does it have? is the airbox mounted to the carb? are the bolts for the intake and reed cage tight? is the exhaust completely bolted up? is this the laura m48 or laura m56 engine? is it the 20, 25, or 30 mph version? do both wheels spin freely?

The air box is mounted to the carb but the tube part that is supposed to fit over the carb mouth is broken off so the fit isnt air-tight.

the bolts for the intake and reed cage are tight

the exhaust is complete and clear of obstruction

It's an M56 engine, the 25mph version

Both wheels spin freely

As for the compression; I still have to get my hands on a gauge, so I'll let you know when I find out. By the way, I'm poor, any suggestions on where to get one cheap?

Don Pflueger /

sears is the cheapest place for a gauge. $25. you need to fix that broken tube. the laura engines are really critical on all the parts being hooked up and working correctly.

wht about that "put thumb over the spark hole and pedal"

method? I would recomend checking your head gasket for sharp kinks, bends, etc.

my Maxi-S had 2 of them

I found a compression gauge on ebay for like $9. Not the best, but it works.

Don Pflueger /

50 lbs of compression will blow your thumb off, but it wont let any 2 stroke run. that test tells you nothing more than the piston moves.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account