Air in fuel line, engine dies

Well I just started up my revival after having it stored for the past few months. I drained all the fuel out of the tank and carb. Put new fuel in today and she started up fine. After riding for a while she would die, then eventually restart. This kept happening more and more often and then it got really hard to start back up. I noticed there was air in about half of the fuel line towards the carb. My fuel line curves around a little bit but it has worked all last season just fine. Is there supposed to be any air in there? If not, why does air keep getting in there and killing my engine?

Re: Air in fuel line, engine dies

Kevin Ibbetson /

Check to see if the gas cap vent hole is plugged.

There is no vent hole, there is a valve that you press to vent, and it is completely vented.

Bump

Hayden Stevens /

work your fuel line to be as vertical as possible, no "rollercostering".....I had that problem....air can't get by with an air bubble in the way

Take your gas cap off or leave it loose and see if it has the same problem. Possibly the tank isn't getting vented properly. don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account