indian riders - general indian questions

I've just started riding my indian around and I'm a little mystified by a few points. Firstly, is it the case with all indians that they do not really budge forwards in mopeding mode when the engine is not on? I have to switch to cycling mode to freaking move it from the sidewalk back out to the road; the wheel basically locks. Both indians I've been around are like this. It is also incredibly difficult to start pedaling it in moped mode. I really have to put all of my weight into it, and, um, thats not so much. I'm also having no luck getting that lil thing to idle. Basically if it cuts out at a light I sometimes end up just stuck in the middle of the road..forced to switch into cycling mode and get out of the way. If I could get it to idle some of my problems would be solved. I'm going to work on this some more today, but really I'm just confused about being unable to move it unless it is in cycling mode....any other indian advice?

thanks........

Re: indian riders - general indian questions

does it have a decompression lever?if so itll help trying to start it.

theres normally a switch where the transmission is so you can roll it and if you get tired of doing that you can allways pick up the moped and carry it around because thats your other option

benji treat /

no, sorry for the confusion -- it runs perfectly, hits 30 pretty easy. The problem is that when I'm not riding it, and it isn't running it will not more unless I shift it to pedal mode.

benji treat /

I meant it won't move unless in pedal mode...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account