Frustrated

Nick Eiselstein /

Ok...I have a Tomos Silver Bullet (oil injection) with the A3 engine and Encarwi carb. Over the last few days, I have removed the engine, cleaned the carbuerator, installed new piston rings, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the exhaust port and the muffler thoroughly, installed new spark plug, installed new clutch and brake cables, drained gas, ATF, and oil and filled with new fluids. I just got it all back together and Im still having problems. I started it up and it was idling fine. Smoke was white but I expected that. When I give it gas on the kickstand when the rear wheel is raised it revs up nice and quick. However, when I am on it and not moving it seems to idle fine. If I open the throttle just a tiny bit and hold it there it will die. But if I just go full throttle right away it will slowly start going, I usually will have to pedal to get it going. Once it gets going it will shift into 2nd and go pretty good. There just does not seem to be any power from idle and I have no more ideas. PLEASE help me.

Re: Frustrated

See Ya Moped Army /

Check to make sure your brakes aren't dragging and your wheels spin easily. Also, did you perform a compression check? Even if you changed the rings, if the cylinder is scored and/or the seals are bad, you will have low compression.

Frustrated

Nick Eiselstein /

what should the compression be?

Don Pflueger /

120 lbs or higher. i think your problem is the encarwi carb. i think they are junk carbs myself.

BTW: isn't the Bullet's supposed to have 10w-30 non detergent motor oil in them?? Maby i'm wrong...donp... am i right?

Don Pflueger /

if it has an a3 or a3n then yes 10w-30 can be used.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account