1985 FA50

I orginally got this moped when I was 13. I am 25 now and my step-dad finally agreed to turn it over to me. It has sat so long it no longer runs and he lost the manual (thank god I kept the keys). I am looking to start riding it to work to save on gas. I am in search of a manual and some help on where to begin to get this baby running again. I am looking forward to this project so any pointers would be much appriciated!

Re: 1985 FA50

this should help get you started.

http://mopedarmy.com/resources/articles/fredsguide/

Kevin Laitala /

i got my 82 fa50 after it had sat for a number of years, the only thing it took to get it running was a squirt of carb cleaner. after i cleaned the carb it started with one kick. it did'nt run well right away but after i messed with it a little it ran pretty good.

a quick look at Ebay comes up empty as far as a manual .. tried calling a Suzuki dealer yet?

I've supplied a few manuals via Kinko's (oops, copyright?) at cost only. Let me know.

I have but they cost more than I'm willing to pay. Buckeroo Bob has been most kind with his offer to Kicko copy it!

Thanks for the suggestion, tried that and it didn't work... I'm going to continue with Paul's outline. I'll post again when I get it started or if I need more help.

yes.. most kind ;)

these bikes are as mechanically simple as a motorbike gets.

functional carburation is most important .. if you thoroughly clean the carburetor and clear the entire fuel pathway from tank to carb, and get a new spark plug, i bet it will fire up.

And JoeW is most knowlegable!

heh .. i just read stuff .. like stuff in this forum ;)

Zachary Dudar /

i love this forum too. my experiences with fa50s so far have told me, that bottom end is going to be filled with oil. ive never seen an oil injector that has not leaked substantially over the period of a month. -or at least not in the fa50s and especially not in suzuki's.

maybe its just the weather up hear in Alberta...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account