Hondo express nu50

Billy Pruitt /

I have a nu-50 hondo express 1982 model, the oil light stays on all time. is there a oil pump for the oil to engine. it appears the oil light is working I just need to know how the light gets its signal to come on and does it work off oil prewssure or flow.the oil storage tank is under the operators seat.

Thank for your help

Billy Pruitt

Re: Hondo express nu50

"HERE":http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=53 is a shop manual for your bike..

Billy Pruitt /

Hi Joew

Thanks for the Info on manual for my 50 honda

you're welcomed.. page 2-0 Lubrication chapter has some good diagrams.. I didn't search for warning light info, assuming its a warning light..

All i can suggest is to become intimately familiar with the oil injection system .. the consequences of running without engine lubrication can be bad. You might already know that premixing gasoline / oil is an alternative to the injection system, should it not be operating reliably.

Jonas Quimby /

Just in case you havent already found it.

The sensor for the warning light is in the oil tank, and it's there to tell you when it's time to add more.

If you've got plenty of oil and it's still on, the manual should give you some idea how to find the cause.

Billy Pruitt /

Hi Jax

I found the problem with the moped, the switch for the light is in the tank, but the problem is the oil pump. I took the pump out and it is not pumping, I tried bleeding it and cleaning the suction filter. it appears the pump is bad.

where can I get a new pump. this is a 1982 model 50cc

Thanks\Billy Pruitt

Jonas Quimby /

I didnt think the oil light would come on for a bad pump...

At any rate, start watching ebay.

If you put the pump back in, but dont connect the lines you can then mix oil with the gas and ride until you find a new pump.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account