motobecane moby x foldable

Bill Mullins /

Saved a motobecane moby x foldable from been scraped and need some help in bring her back to life. A manaul would be a good start, anybody know where to get one...

Re: motobecane moby x foldable

you can get them on ebay sometimes. search motobecane manual

there are a couple people on this forum that would kill for those parts.

I am sure they will be posting here soon.

i'm one of those...

moby-x parts aren't findable...

me and a folk would be ready to buy parts from your mobyx

please e-mail me about this...

then we can talk

bergeron_guillaume@hotmail.com

thanks

g.b.

Bill Mullins /

dont want to break for parts.. rather get running again.One or two questions like what is the starting procedure.. what is the white leaver for see attached picture

1111347600_image103.jpg

Hi Billy,

I own a 1972 Motobecane Moby-X, and I've been searching for parts for it for a while now. It's so impossible to find parts or manuals for this moped.

The one I have is very close, but it needs parts. I need a carburetor & sidecovers perhaps more parts.

If for some reason, you decide to sell, please let me know. I would be highly interested in buying it from you.

Best Regards,

EK

Billy,

That's for the choke. Starting procedure is simply pedal it. It'll start. To get it to stop running, you'll have to turn the throttle grip the other way.

These mopeds are so impossible to find parts for. I know someone that searched for 2 years without luck. I've been searching for awhile myself. Another guy in the UK has been searching for a very long time too.

The problem is, there is almost no such thing as a perfectly running moby-x in the world. There are a few of them out there, granted, but they are missing a lot of parts.

The problem with that is, nobody wants to give up their mopeds even for parts.

Only if one of them would give up their moby-x, then 2 or 3 could benefit from it. Otherwise, we're all stuck waiting out each other.

I know that I have one of the better condition Moby-X's out there. Mine runs well, as well as G.B.'s. Although he and I are missing trivial parts such as side covers, cables, etc. There's PorkChop from the UK. This guy's moby-x is almost completely gone. And then there's you.

Welcome to the Moby-X club of suffering. :o)

EK

Bill Mullins /

this bike seems to have all its parts except its side covers....will see if i can get it running before deciding what will be the next move will let you know it i decide to break it

billy, thanks for just considering...

i've been looking for tires for so much time!

mine are 1/2 used, so i'm still good for a period of time..

but someday, i'll need new tires.

also, i need some small misc. parts...

but i got everything!

we would me more than happy if you would sell parts

anyway

welcome to the moby-x world, like Ek told you

Bill Mullins /

dismantled and freed stuck piston now moving smoothly now have good compression need to know how to test ignition coil and magnatio thanks billy

you need proper tools in order to open the variator which contains the electricals

Well that is not quite correct. the flywheel cover covers the electricals, and you do not need a special tool to open that. check out this guide I put together, all info pretty much aplies to the mobyx https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/173041/173041/

you do need a pullers to remove the clutch, or the timing cam.

Bill Mullins /

thanks Dan your guide is a great jhelp hope i can add some news to it soon billy

Billy,

You can test the coil by taking the black sleeve covering the spark plug off and stick your finger in there and pedal. If you feel some electricity, then it is good. If not, then either your magento or coil is not good.

It is so much easier to just put in a new spark plug in there and hook it up, make sure the carb is clean and running. Pedal. It should start relatively fast... It did for me when my moby-x has not been started in years. Started right up.

Best of luck. :o)

EK

Bill Mullins /

EK dont fancy the finger trick but cleaning the carb and new plug certinaly worth a try thanks billy

Bill Mullins /

just checked if there was power in the grey wire from the magneto and there is .. dont know what to connect black wire to did not take note of this on dismantle a simply sketch would help thanks billy

Bill Mullins /

got engine to start it runs for a short time and then cuts out dont know what to do next any ideas

sounds like a fuel line problem. check the vent on the gas cap for blockage. if you have a working petcock try this.

-run the engine untill it stops.

-when it stops running turn the fuel valve to the off position.

-remove the carb, and see if there is gas in the bowl.

if there is no gas in the bowl then you know it is a fuel flow problem.

if there is plenty of gas in the bowl then you have an electrical problem.

bad condensors often fail once the engine gets hot.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account