Leaking Carb

Hayden Stevens /

I have a 1978 Motobecane Moby....the carb leaks bad.....I know if I had a feul petock that worked, it would fix my problem..but I don't right now......the gas seems to be leaking out of the air intake

Is there a common problem with these?

Re: Leaking Carb

very common.. usually caused by a dirty carburetor. Chances are the float needle is not shutting off fuel flow into the float bowl.

Fuel eventually overflows and exits the carb at one point or another. In the meantime the bike's power suffers since a steady, regulated fuel level in the float bowl is required for best performance.

the fix is not related to a leaking petcock.

yep

Hayden Stevens /

I have 2 or 3 floats I could use, some have more needle or the pointed end and some have more needle on the flat end....which is better?...also the pointed end goes up right? maybe I put it in wrong, I can't remember

John Joedicke /

Needle is facing up on those carbs

There are a couple motobecane manuals HERE break>

"THIS":http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=18 one has exploded views and stuff about the carb and about servicing the bikes in general.

Joe,

I enjoy reading your posts, you are very helpful on many subjects. I'm glad you hang out here.

gj

well, thanks gjimmy .. same back at ya. You got a superior sense of humor which i envy a little bit..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account