WORST NIGHT EVER '77 ciao

wel, i got all of my stuff from 50cc.nl today and went about putting it on.'

first the sidecovers dont fit and i think are for a ciao PX not a regular ciao so..that sucked

no biggie, i went about putting on the new techno pipe and 70cc malossi and rejetting up to 62

rewired

put in gas

does not run...gay

i just tested spark and its bright blue (when dark outside) and zaping the shit out of me

Tested compression and its only at 90 PSI...this HAS to be low and the problem

the carb is spotless witha brand new jet

i can run the bike down the street and it will pop and sputter with the throttle open and choke off

the horn and lights are working (they lit and buzzed when running down the street and played with)

tomorrow im goin to take off the head and retourque it down and pray (alot).

anyother suggestions are appreaciated.

oh bike ran like a top and is a 77 ciao standard

Re: WORST NIGHT EVER '77 ciao

dont those have decompression if it does i might be stuck open

yea.unfortunatley it does but i checked it like 5times while putting it in and im pretty sure its cool...i even disconnected it before i did the final tests.

when i get the head off tomorrow, ill see whats up.

you might have installed the piston upside down, sometimes that results in low compression

you know, i was thinking that too but, it came marked from 50cc.nl with sharpie in the direction of the exaust port...so im pretty sure its correct

maybe your headgasket is leaking or you didn't torque down the bolts correctly

yea, i just removed the head aput it back on now im getting 120 so, it should fire up. i just need to go get a new exaust bolt.

If it is new it has to be broke in. The rings have to run awhile to seat before you get full compression.

"yea, i just removed the head aput it back on now im getting 120 so, it should fire up. i just need to go get a new exaust bolt."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here ya go!! :) :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10066&item=4535682796&rd=1

UGH

well, it got worse i had it running but the accel was 10x worse than what it was before and the top end about the same..then it blew the brand new head gasket...

im fed up and i put it in storage until i get the urge to finish it again ..thw sad thing is its 99% done

Re: UGH

maybe its your jetting?

Running with a leak at the exhaust flange is asking for trouble. The pipe, being a pretty efficient pump in itself, could very well suck in fresh air through a leak instead of sucking exhaust out of the cylinder.. and at the end of that cycle push fresh air directly into the cylinder.

Aside from just upsetting air:fuel mix where power suffers or causing a shift in the engine's powerband, a leak at that joint can cause a leaning condition to the point of serious engine damage.

A 62 jet is pretty big... Are you sure you're not running rich?

the next smallest jet i have is a 51, so i just drileld the shit out of the airbox and placed and removed tape unitl i got it running better.

Did you do any thing to the engine block, because some one siad that mallosi kit needed to ports to be bored out abit. Also did you aorder a new needle bearing, and if you did what size was it?

rhe block is fine stock, you can choose to widen the exaust ports but, i did not, my engue uses a brass bushing not a needle bearing, ( i would eed a new conrod for that) and it was in perfect shape, i do have a new spare if i need ot tho

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account