Magneto system

I just removed the cover,spun the pedals,buit it didnt move.

Isnt it spposed to?

ALSO, I THINK MY ENGINE IS SEIZED,when i pull in the start

lever,the pedals dont spin at all.WTF?

PLEASE bIG hELP Needed!!!

what do i do if it is?

Re: Magneto system

Remove the spark plug and any flywheel cover and turn the flywheel by hand.. it should be easy to turn and you can watch the piston go up and down through the spark plug hole. If so, the engine is not siezed.

Don Pflueger /

the flywheel will not spin unless you squeeze the starter lever and pedal. grab the flywheel by hand and try to turn it. if you cant, then yes something is siezed.

Yeah.........sounds like something locked up in the tranny or crankshaft or you seized it. I'd be taking the cover off the tranny and looking for broken parts. Check the operation of the starter clutch also. It has to spin once engaged and could possibly be locked. don-ohio (:^)

If the engine was seized I do not think you could spin the pedals. You must not have the clutch engaged. The pedals turn the back wheel, to turn the engine over you have to pedal then depress the starter clutch lever for the engine to turn over.

The pedals free wheel without the load of the engine as long as you do not depress the starter clutch lever.

If you pull the plug out and it still does not spin, I would spray some oil in there and let it sit awhile. That may free it up before you take it apart.

If it is stuck, please do not try to free it up by hitting it with a metal object. Use a piece of wood so you do not damage the piston crown or the cylinder. If you use wd40 or liquid wrench then tap it with a piece of wood it should become unstuck and you can probably reuse the parts.

I see so many pistons and cylinders with hammer head indentations, it is awful. There is clearances between the piston and cylinder. The rings are flexible. It amazes me to see how much force people apply to these delicate parts. There is not that much causing these items to stick in there.

thanks guys, will try, if i get confused,i'll post on here soon.

By the way, i justinstalled my Custom "Gangsta Low" handlebars,

I'll post a pic when i get home,(I'm at school right now)

LOLOLOL!!!

thanks guys, will try, if i get confused,i’ll post on here soon.

By the way, i justinstalled my Custom "Gangsta Low" handlebars,

I’ll post a pic when i get home,(I’m at school right now)

LOLOLOL!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account