removing the flywheel?

ok i got a ton of tools but whats it take to remove a flywheel off a tomos A3...i got the nut off...but im sure the wheel is threaded on the shaft..do i need to put something in the head and turn the wheel off? or is the tool cheap that dose this...id rather not have to take my head off again.

thx

mike c

Re: removing the flywheel?

Man, I just beat the hell out of mine, carefully. I know that sounds bad, but you have to get it knocked loose from the crankshaft. I pried on it, and beat the flywheel with a hammer. Put some WD-40 or something of the sort on the crankshaft, where the flywheel is mounted. It just takes a little time to get it off, the first time. Just turn, beat, pry. Turn, beat, pry.... "rinse and repeat." Try not to knock the magnets loose from the flywheel, though.

You should use a flywheel puller!

well i got a pully puller that should do the samething, but i just wanted to know if the flywheel is screwed on the shaft? if so i would have to have a piston stop...so the flywheel on a A3 is not screwed onto the shaft? and i can pull it off with a puller?

thx,

mike c

See Ya Moped Army /

It's not screwed on. If you use a generic 2 or 3 arm puller, you risk damaging the flywheel. You're much better off investing the $15 - $20 in the proper tool.

great! thanks...i probably would have messed it up good too.

thx,

mike c

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account