Peugeot SLOW

Clayton Violand /

I was driving my moped one day. It was cold outside if anyone needs to know. So I'm riding along the road, pretty much on level ground, and my moped just stops. Eventually I got it to work again. But it ran so sluggish. I filled it up with more gas, made sure gas was actualyl getting to it, a nd it was still slow. its just not kicking like it used to. What happened?

Re: Peugeot SLOW

clean your clean.decarbonize you exhaust, and exhaust port. maybe it's clogged.

Clayton Violand /

no see i did all that. i've been working on this moped for months. it was running absolutely spectacular until this one event where it just started shutting down on me and not starting back up until like 20 tries. Now it does start, but its slow.

that sounds a lot like it ran out of gas and is starving for fuel .. or a bad compression leak suddenly appeared .. Off the top of my head, i can't think of an ignition problem that would happen so quickly and still provide enough juice to keep the engine running at all..

i'm gonna guess it's a weird fuel problem or mixture problem. I'd check for vacuum leaks, compression leaks, and take the carb apart and examine everything related to air and fuel intake and delivery.

On a failure to start, remove the plug and see if it's wet fouled or dry. The hard starting problem is very likely directly related to the slow running problem.

Clayton Violand /

Joew,

Hey thanks man. I actually just got back home from tinkering with it. I bled the line, uninstalled my bulky and unecessary fuel filter, and tightened a loose screw near the muffler.

Its all good now.

cool..

From what you described I would tend to think that the unnecessary fuel filter was trapping allot of dirt and was getting clogged. I bet it saved you from tearing apart the carburator. I'd install another new one!

or... just clean the old one and save some $$$ perhaps?

Always keep an extra spark plug with you,too. don

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account