tomos problem

hi. i have a 1998tomos sprint and when i start it it works fine but as soon as i give it gas it bogs down. i cleaned the carb and changed the spark plug and it still bogs down.i have no clue what to do with it now. any help? thanks

Re: tomos problem

could be air restriction of some sort. .. like the choke is partially closed or something. Check carb/choke cable adjustments and visually confirm that the choke itself is open when it should be.

if it happened all of a sudden, what was happening prior to it? did you make some changes or work on something?

Don Pflueger /

clean the exhaust port and exhaust pipe. make sure the choke is opening fully and the air box is not plugged up.

it was running great before this and it just started to happen one day. i did not change or do anything to it

too bad.. Without further clues all i can suggest is you go through the list and check everthing from the air intake to the tail of the exhaust .. vacuum leaks, loose head bolts, maladjusted float level, carbon restricted exhaust, etc.. Eliminate the possibilities one by one.

You say you cleaned the carb...did you clean the jet for sure, poke a thin wire through it and everything?

John Joedicke /

Vacuum or air leak somewhere.

how would i find an air or vacuum leak?

John Joedicke /

Spray carb cleaner around the base and see if the revs pick up any.

i would just check the wiring....and then do that

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account