Motobecane 50v not shifting

Casey Griffin /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Unfortunately I didn't really have a place to store my 'ped during the winter, so it sat under the overhang of my backyard shed. (I know.. i didn't really like it either; ;) When it started to get nice out, i pulled 'er out of "storage" and fired 'er up. Things were a bit sticky (throttle) but everything seems to work pretty well. Normally once a certain speed is reached, (or possibly rpm?) the motor will actuall lift up, and the belt is moved higher up onto the pully reducing the RPM of the engine,and increasing speed. It no longer does this; ; It's now got a top speed of about 15mph (down hill) with the engine pretty much rapped out versus the 30+ pre-winter-storage.

Any ideas on what might be the cause? I'm tryin' to find out what parts I should disasemble / clean or replace in order to get 'er runnin' at full-speed again.

Thanks a bunch~!

-Casey

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account