1983? yamaha project

Josh Holle /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ive got this 1983 yamaha scoot that i just saved from my girlfriends dads garage and am trying to get it running as it hasnt been driven in awhile. wondering if anybody had tips as to what the problem might be. it does spark and ive got gas in it. when i attempt to kick start it it sounds kind of like a nut grinder, as if its turning over but not catching or something. also under the seat is the gas tank and a rubber stopper that says oil on it. my assumption is that this one is for two cycle while the other oil hole (on the engine) is for regular oil. Yes? one more thing is the battery mandatory for this thing? it doesnt have an electric start and my guess would hence be that no it isnt an absolute necessity. thanks for any help.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account