Hey Donp & ben jammin

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Please checkout the carb adjustments on my Kinetic TFR9USA) Is this the standard adjustments? Thanks Jim.

1110052607_scan.jpg

Re: Hey Donp & ben jammin

Don Pflueger /

i would start out with the mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out from seated. then once the engine has warmed upand at idle, turn it in until the engine hunts and surges. make note of this point. then back it out til it falters. make note of this point too. then find the center of those two points. the ride the bike. if it stumbles when you turn the throttle, back the mixture screw out a little until it revs up smooth. if it bogs or 4 strokes when you turn the throttle, adjust the screw inwards until you get a good smooth rpm change as you turn the throttle.

set the idle speed screw at the highest possible idle without the wheel turning while on the center stand. as far as jet sizes go, i cant answer that. i'm not familiar with the kinetic engine. so i recommend a plug chop to see where your at top end wise.

Re: Hey Donp & ben jammin

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Thanks Don. I printed it off for future reference.I also asked Joe @ cosmo to post adjustments on MA because so many were sold here. Jim.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account