speedometer bounces up and down

my speedometer bounces up and down between about 25 and 35 when I'm at full speed any idea what would cause this?

Re: speedometer bounces up and down

Something's sticking.. Pull the cable out of the sheath and lube it with grease and slide it back in.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Also, keep in mind your Tomos speed is inaccurate. Maybe just a get a new accurate one.

what do you mean it's inaccurate...y would that be? and do you suggest I replace everything? like the cable and the actually speedo and the thing that makes it move on the wheel?

almost all moped speedos are incorrect. your best bet would be to install a digital speedo.

"almost all moped speedos are incorrect. your best bet would be to install a digital speedo."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Paul -

Would that mean that most odometers are incorrect as well?

No, the odometer runs directly off the cable, through gears. The speedo needle runs off a magnet spring-thingy. I tried the damn digital speedo on my Bullet, and when the ped ran, the speedo acted like I was holding in the "reset" button! When it was off, the speedo worked. I took it back. I have been speedo-less for some time now. I just "feel" the speed, and listen to my motor's rpm's. Haven't got pulled over, and don't plan on it!

yup, brock is correct. the odometers are usually right on. with the speedo cable connected to the front wheel, it leaves a lot to be desired.

actually my odometer doesn't work either LOL my odometer rolls over but iit goes like 1000 miles per every mile

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account