general mopd

Bill Monahan /

General 3 star. The bike has not run in years.2200 miles showing on the clock. I got tit running and it will only run with the choke on. When I'm riding with the choke on it will go about 25 mph(holding the choke down). I do not have an airbox but have thescreen in place. As soon as the choke comes off it stalls right away.I cleaned the carb including idle jet. Does it sound like bad or stuck rings???

Re: general mopd

See Ya Moped Army /

You need to install the airbox.

Bill Monahan /

I don't have one thats the problem. Could an airbox missing cause this problem.

See Ya Moped Army /

You betcha.

Don Pflueger /

you should also look for other air leaks. sounds to me like its running really lean. maybe upjet til you get an airbox.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Wheres the airfilter. Install an airfilter. You need an airfilter. Or once i cut up a lawn mower foam filter and used that as a temp air filter. It worked for the time i needed it, until i got a real airbox. You can get them at home depot and such places.

Brooklyn

i just found a spray can of the same diameter of the moth of the car, then took the cap and driled 2 holes in it, then hose clamped it to the mouth of the carb

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account