I had 2 of those. From my experiences:
1. Parts are very hard to find, especially if your CDI burns out.
2. They are made like a tank. Heavy but very sturdy.
3. They are pretty gutsy. I weigh in at 230 and they would haul my fat ass pretty well :).
4. I did scan and put up on the internet the repair manual. I'm not sure where it could be found now' but I'm sure it's still up somewhere.
5. As to whether or not it will run with a burned out bulb, there are many more knowledgable souls here that could shed some light on that. You might try doing a search here of Jawa owners. There are quite a number of them.
I hope this helps.
By the way, I live in Allegan, Michigan. Not too far from you I believe.