starting the ped without rings

can you start a ped with out piston rings???

Re: starting the ped without rings

sure.. and you can 'finish' a ped by running it without rings..

lol ok...........looks like i want atart it then

super hot gases will explode past the piston side and burn up any lubrication oil on the cylinder walls.. then you got the aluminum piston being slammed and scraped real hard against the side of the cylinder with no lubrication at a million miles an hour..

your question was kinda weird.. what are you doing?

well i took off my cylender head to see if it was hard to do because i want to get a 70cc kit and when i did both the rings were in peices and fell to the ground in and i dont feel like ordering new rings off line cuz that takes forever.........but im just gonna wait untill i get the 70cc kit because its just a waist of money to get both

dan

Ben Van Zoest /

Get some repair books and learn. First, whatever works leave alone until you know dang sure it's the right action.

Good thing your engine is in pieces at least you won't kill yourself. 70cc what are you thinking?

let the kid make mistakes and learn, sometimes its better than reading it in a book.

i agree when i first got my ped i couldnt tell you a thing about it....i didnt know what a carburator was lol.....but no i know alittle but more about my ped and i understand some whatly how to fix it and stuff and id rather learn somthing hands on then read it from a book......now if this were my 2005 brand new lx i would not want to take it apart i think that taht would be extremly stupid............

"let the kid make mistakes and learn, sometimes its better than reading it in a book."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I understand where you are coming from and I tend to agree with you, but there are actually quite a few people that should find out how stuff works before they hurt themselves or any innocent bystanders.

And there are some other people that should learn a little more about computers and teh Intarweb before they mouth off!

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/

That site helped me out a ton on understanding 2 strokes! That was a while ago, too. Thanks Cyberian, I never told you then, though!

i read alittle about that site of "how stuff works"......an in exact words it said "Two-stroke engines do not use fuel efficiently, so you would get fewer miles per gallon. " .........i personally think this is a false statement because 100 miles is alot in my eyes.........?

Ah, but dan, a 4 stroke would get even more miles per gallon.

i already saw an old honda add which claimed their honda 4-stroke to do 200 miles per gallon

probably without any wind, with the best conditions... maybe..

but still... imagine 180mpg..

4stroke does more miles / gallon

jeeeeeeeeeeez 200 miles!!!! thats alot

i don't think the four strokes are really much more fuel efficient (in terms of mpg) simply because they don't use power efficiently. Four strokes per cycle requires more energy than two. Two strokes don't use fuel efficiently...not in the mpg sense, but in the sense that every cycle lets a lot of unburnt fuel out the exhaust pipe.

It probably wouldn't start anyway. For a 2 stroke to run the engine has to develope primary compression as well as secondary compression. That it, when the piston goes down the fuel air mixture in the crankcase has to be pressurized to force them up the transfer passages into the cylinder where they fight against the exhaust gases trying to get out.

With no rings all the pressure would just blow by the piston. The engine might pop and fart but I doubt that it would run.

Try it.

"That site helped me out a ton on understanding 2 strokes! That was a while ago, too. Thanks Cyberian, I never told you then, though!"

==========================================

You're welcome.

That site and Fred's Guide should be required reading!

nope im not trying it i dont want to ruin my engine

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account