Honda PA50 electrical problem

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to fix up an old Honda PA50 that someone was throwing out in the garbage. The problem is it looks like they have cut away the electrical harness and after messing around with it for awhile i can't get it to spark. Does anyone know how to by-pass all the lights and switches including the ignition and get it to spark?

Re: Honda PA50 electrical problem

What year is it?

Connect the Black/White stripe wire coming from the engine directly to the Black/White stripe wire coming from the condensor.

its a 79 i beleive

The Black/W engine wire might be just black or it might have a short yellow or white colored band around it.. or a yellow stripe... but its the only black wire coming from the magneto. (Red, green, yellow are the others)

since this bypasses everything.. kill switch, ignition switch, etc... so you gotta use the decompression valve to kill the engine.

Here's a wiring diagram for a 1978:

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/download.php?f=6&file=1082480832_honda_pa50_1978_wiring_diagram.jpg

thanks for the help guys she fired right up, now time to restore it.

Hey Joew, where did that wiring diagram come from? I have been looking for one. I need a 1978 manual. I have seen the 1983 manual on mopedriders.com, but I want a 1978 cuz there are slight differences. If you do have one, can you scan it for me? I can pay you.

Thanks.

I think "g.b." (nickname) has a 1978 manual.. he bought it on E-bay (?) a couple weeks ago.. Start a new thread and ask him to reply.

We discussed it a bit in the General Discussion forum

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/172927/172927/ but there seems to be very little difference between the 2 manuals. After working on the '78 bikes for a while i have to agree that there are very few differences... It would still be nice to have a copy of the correct one.

That '78 wiring diagram has been floating around since before i got here... i don't know who posted it first.. and i don't know anyone (aside from g.b.) who has a shop manual.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account