Rust holes in my muffler.

My muffler is pretty rusted, theres a couple of rust holes on it, is there some sort of patch i can out on without welding? Is there a such thing as liquid metal that drys hard but comed as a putty? please get back to me with any ideas. thanks

Re: Rust holes in my muffler.

In the words of Joew...The auto-parts stores sells 3 or 4 different types of muffler repair kits.. They include special tape or patches and use a ceramic glue-like stuff (sodium silicate) that hold up to the heat. Go spend $10.

Zach,

You can either use a regular muffler patch kit which costs less than 5 bucks, but it will last only a few years if not less.

Or you could cut out sheet metal from anything, as long as it's decent metal maybe a can top or something. Use JB Weld (found at pepboys or autozone for 3 bucks) put it around the hole, slap on the metal piece, let it dry overnight and you should be good to go.,

EK

Or you could find a whole exhaust that's in good shape and put that on. Ebay's a good place to go.

EK

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account