bad maxi brakes

once my 76 maxi gets going it is rather dangerous to stop - it seems like no matter how smoothly I try to stop the brakes tend to jerk to a halt, there is nothing smooth about it. It's almost as if it is all or none. It is a markedly different sensation to braking on my magnum, which though squeaky is at least smooth. Any ideas?

Re: bad maxi brakes

have you tried adjusting your brakes?? your pads could be totally worn down, or glazed over.

Monster,

Sounds like you have bad brakes. Either shoes are gone or the brake cylinder is gone.

I have the brake pads/assembly from a 1978 Puch Maxi S. It seemed to stop the wheel pretty good... (Front brake shoes, springs and the whole set)

I'll sell it to you for $15.00 plus shipping. I will inspect the brakes before selling them to you if you're interested.

Of if you'd just rather have the whole front wheel which includes the brake, I would sell to you for $25.00 shipping included.

EK

benji treat /

I've tried adjusting them a little, I just haven't opened them up to take a good look. I thought I would test the waters of brake knowledge first. I'll check the front one out today, and see what I can make of it. EK - thanks for the offer of the wheel, I'll let you know if I want to take you up on it.

ben, you can adjust them pretty tight. just check to mnake sure you aren't dragging.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account