Piston & Rings Install

Ok, I've got a Minarelli V-1 that I've just received a new piston/rings/cylinder for. My question is the arrow on the piston...does it face the intake or the exhaust?? Also, the rings are cut at an agle on the ends...I assume the bevel should go around the locating pin in the piston's ring groove...i.e. the pin is in the "upper" part of the groove so the bevel on the ring shuld have the "long" ends of the rings at the bottom of the groove. Does this sound correct????

Re: Piston & Rings Install

Don Pflueger /

arrow faces exhaust. yes that is correct. the bevel goes around the pin.

may i ask where you got your new rings and piston and jug?

Douglas Dale /

I actually won it on Ebay from a place called Handy Bikes.......There's another on there this week. It cost me $65 + 12.50 shipping, but that beats the local moped repair place where I live...he wanted $90 just for a piston and rings....this way I got a brand new never installed cylinder....complete with piston/rings/circlips. You can buy it from their online ebay store, although the price when I checked was $69....got to ebaymotors.com and search minarelli.....it should come up.

Douglas Dale /

Thanks donp......that did the trick........now if I can get the thing wired up, I'll be set !!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account