yama qt50 mystery in RI

Joseph Lisi Iii /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I'm currently working on a yamaha qt 50 and it's driving me crazy. I't seems to be getting gas and compression along with a powerfull if not incredibly consistant spark. By that I mean that the plug usually sparks when grounded to the head on the head on the outside, but every time I actually install the sparkplug and try to start tie bike (kick start, very annoying) nothing happends, not even when I use starting fluid with the carburator off of the manifold. Then when I pull the plug out, it won't spark, for a while, until I dry it thuroughly. I have considered a flooding issue, but I think using starting fluid and bypassing the carb compleatly has eliminated that possibility. I strengthened the spark by taking a piece out of the spark resistor and replacing it with aluminum (big spark). Does anyont think it could be a timing issue, it's the only part of the bike I haven't taken apart (no puller). I don't think it has points but it may have a timing plate. The most frusterating thing is the bike ran for a few minuits and died never to start again. thanss

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account