Ghetto-Rigged AirBox and Adjustments!

Well i Don't have a air-box to my 1977 Motobecane And So i took a plastic box with a small hole and Rigged it to fit over the Air-box Section. Now tell me will this actually work? I can now start my moped without spraying gas into the carb, so that tells me I changed the amount of Air its getting. Now if anyone knows I can only see one Adjustment screw And would anyone know what IT should be At? I've played with it and I cant seem to get any change. Is there any other adjustments, i know the idle is adjusted at the throttle. I can only get this moped to do 15-20, is this normal? You have to put in The engine was completely seized with rust and it has no new parts except rings. It took me a week to free the engine and im sure its worn a bit.

Re: Ghetto-Rigged AirBox and Adjustments!

can you take a pic of your custom airbox? that might help. if not enough air is reaching the motor, it will restrict your ped. have you tested for compression?

Chad Watkins /

Compression Is good... and ill send a pic Sunday.

we once used a small clay planting pot with holes drilled in it for my friends batavus

Chad Watkins /

Picture of it from the front...yes it has a Hole to let air in.

1108319150_im000803.jpg

Chad Watkins /

Picture at an Angle.

1108319224_im000804.jpg

Chad Watkins /

Heres the last picture of the whole bike. and as you can see its in good condition.

1108319297_im000805.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account