oil injection

how do i decrease the amount of oil that goes into the gas on a suzuki fa 50? the bike is running idleing and everything but tons of smoke is coming out way more than my other bikes so i want to turn down the oil a bit, it has no power if i get on and try to make it pull me

Re: oil injection

ericjeen,

Maybe you're not using a good kind of oil? I use Yamalube. These cut down on the smoke pretty good...

EK

blue, or white smoke???

makes a difference.

not to be racist but its pretty white.... is there a screw or something like the gas screw that you can control it with?

my mopeds running but it doesnt havethe power to pull me what could be the problem?

Ericjeen,

I may be wrong, but sounds like you have a compression problem. (Air leaking from the cylinder seals)

EK

ah ha, under further inspection, after it warms up a bit smoke starts coming from the cylinder head. hmmm.... maybe i need a new gasket, but i know i would never find one can i make it with gasket paper?

yes.

ericjeen,

That's it then. :) Gasket paper can used yes.

EK

I'd prefer to cut one from thin sheet aluminum.. and would first examine the head/cylinder mating surfaces for flatness and damage... and look for broken or stripped head bolts/nuts.. cracks.. etc..

i found the gasket (original metal one) now the olny problem is as i was tightening the head after i put it all back together in my garageit was cold and one of the head bolts snapped... it it ok if the head runs with only 3 bolts?

If it was OK to use only three bolts, the engine manufacturer would have saved time and reduced his costs and supplied only 3 holes and 3 bolts.

This is the torque wrench i use..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42265&item=4359741452&rd=1

Craftsman #44644 is the model but it may not be available anymore. This wrench cost me like $23 new, if i recall.

It's an "inch pound" wrench. 12 inch pounds = one pound foot.

This wrench goes up to 600 inch-pounds (same as 50 pound feet of torque) which is more than you'll need on a moped.

Head bolts need only 10 pound feet (120 inch pounds) and these inch-pound wrenches are preferred for accuracy on small bolts like those.

Torque wrenches are easily worth their weight in dollar bills.. specially if you are snapping bolts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account