Get it Started

I just got this Moped from a customer who could not pay for the work I did, it's a Motomarina Sebring Royal, it's Red, I have no idea of the year. No key needed to start, but I have no idea how to start it. Gas switch is on, choke, etc, and I start peddling it but nothing happens, am I missing something ??? is there a trick I should know about, it does not seem to be firing. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Get it Started

Joe,

On most mopeds, you usually need to turn everything on, put the moped on the kick stand, and pedal until you have momentum going, and then turn on the choke and press on the clutch... Sometimes you have to continue pedalling it should catch on, you may have to turn choke on and off several times to help it get going. Also the throttle.

Personally, I think it's easier to just get on the moped and pedal it while standing up and enagage choke, then the clutch. As soon as it starts, let go off the clutch.

Best of luck

EK

Joe,

Either that or go down a steep hill and engage clutch. Just don't kill yourself in the proccess. :o)

EK

Joe Brown /

Thanks I am going to try your advice on both emails right away, I will let you know if they work.

Joe,

If your moped hasn't ridden in a while, you can try removing the spark plug, clean it and put a soda CAP ful (1 teaspoon) of gas in the spark plug hole and heat the plug with a lighter for about 30 seconds and put it in immediately as its still hot and that should help. Also, starting fluid in the carb.

But be careful with the starting fluid... Don't put too much in. It could blow your engine head off.

Good luck... Hope you get it started.

EK

Joe Brown /

EK it's running great I thank you for the help, one last question what is the gas/oil mix ratio ? I am almost out and do not want to put the wrong mixture in.

Joe

Joe,

Most mopeds are 50:1... But there should be a marking for that on your fender. If not, you should just do 50:1.

I will post a calculator specifically for that when I'm on my computer. (This computer is my fiancee's and my links are on my computer in the other room.)

EK

Gas:Oil mixture calculator

http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

This will enable you to measure 50:1 in all different volume variables.

EK

Joe Brown /

Huge help you were, it is running great, oil mixture was correct, all I have to do now is get the title from the guy I got it from. He moved and I can not reach him and have no idea where he moved to. I wanted to get tags on it for my one kid and wife.

Joe,

Pleasure to help you. :) You can try sending a letter to the old residence... And address it to that guy. Perhaps the post office will forward it automatically. Either that, or check with the P.O.?

Another suggestion, you could go to the old residence, knock on the door. Explain your situation. Perhaps they have an address or a way to reach him.

Worse comes to worse, you can have a friend write you up a bill of sale and date it last year. The DMV usually doesn't question 1 year old bill of sale.

EK

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account