How do I improve performance...

Hi Guys,

How do I improve performance of a moped without actually spending money?

I've heard that you could drill a bigger hole in the exhaust... But, I have a Columbia w/Solo motor. These have unique aluminum cast exhausts.

What about other parts? Is there anything else I can drill or sand down, etc?

Thanks,

EK

Re: How do I improve performance...

There is no easy drilling or sanding you going to do..esp on that thing. It's much more technical that it sounds and requires the right tool and a steady hand.

Shave the head down at a shop (.30mm) and you might get 1 MPH out of it...otherwise buy a nicer, modifiable ped.

A steady hand isn't a problem. :o)

I can just sweep the head back and forth on sand paper on a flat surface? Nothing more?

Would that hurt the performance of my moped? Or cause other problems?

Thanks

EK

i have no idea what you guys are talking about but is their any way for a tomos targa

DAn cooker

like is their any restrictions i can take off of a tomos targa??

and im also getting a new ttlx and i want to keep it completly stock but is their anything i can do to keep it stock but make it go faster??

Dan Cooker

"is their anything i can do to keep it stock but make it go faster??"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By definition, no.

isnt their somthing inside the exaust i can take out i think my friend di that, does it do anything is so what

help please?

Dan cooker

"isnt their somthing inside the exaust i can take out i think my friend di that, does it do anything is so what"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perhaps, but it wouldn't be stock then, would it?

Most tomos's come with at least one stuffed animal living in the exhaust. If you take that out I guarentee you'll get at least 10 more mph.

The only thing is that you have to cut the exhaust in half with a saw and then glue it back together. Epoxy works the best, but elmers can do in a pinch.

Glue it back together? Won't it get too hot for that?

EK

What about Columbia mopeds with Solo motors? Is there anything in the aluminum cast exhaust that I can drill out for more power/ speed? Or the carb?

Thanks

EK

brian you really confussed me ..............

Dan,

I have no idea myself... Either Brian's joking, or he meant that in the inside of the muffler, there's a restrictor plate or something and you have to chop the muffler and weld it back together. As for gluing... He has to be kidding about that part.

EK

I'm definitely joking.

lol

Allen Murphy /

Only one of two ways to get more performance:

A-cubic centimeters.

or

B-rectangular dollars

You decide!

Al Murphy

Brian,

Thank god. :o)

EK

Al,

That couldn't be more closer to the truth. :o) I would love to get the max out of my moped without actually spending money... Already spent a lot... Have a baby on the way...

Oh boy... My fun days with pocketfuls of cash will be numbered and limited.

EK

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account