hmmm

If i lay my ped down on its side will it mess anyhting up?? becasue i need to put it in my van but i dont know if it will fit if it stands straid up is this bad for a moped to do this

Dan cooker

Re: hmmm

May be bad for you if it leaks gas. Could leak out the carb through the vent or leak out of the gas cap. Should drain it first.

Might also leak tranny fluid through the fill hole.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

And oil if it is oil injected.jim

Don Pflueger /

wont hurt it a bit

it will leak uut not hurt the ped? adn i assume i should turn the gas off

Jeff Strahle /

i'd be careful though cause my friend did it with his and it flooded the engine so much he tried starting it again it it blew out a gasket and started leaking compression. just a thought.

Jeff

Don Pflueger /

it shouldt leak. the carb may drip a little at first, but if the fuel valve is turned off it shoulnt leak much at all. you can always turn the petcock off and then start the bike and run it until the carb is empty.

John Joedicke /

But the fuel tank lid will leak like a sieve it is put over on its side.

I would drain the tank first. If it leaks and the cops stop you it will just give the mopeds another bad name.

Don Pflueger /

it shouldnt. gas caps are supposed to be designed to allow air in, but no gas out. this is a safety feature to prevent fires. usually they have what is called a duck bill valve. others have a floating rubber seal.

My seal or something must be bad. when I bought mine I tried to lay it down and gas was coming out. Had to drain it first. I know on my mower, if I fill it to the top, when its first running, it leaks around the vent hole, so I thought this was normal for the ped.

Don Pflueger /

they really should not leak. if it does, a possibility of fire can occur which then becomes the engine manufacturers fault.

wait are u saying my engine can catch on fire???? while its in the car????

Dan Cooker

Why are you putting it in the car? I thought you were using a van.

If your using a car I think the fabrics are flame retartent.

Don Pflueger /

no, when it is running if it were splashing gas out of the cap it could catch fire. anytime gas is present there is a threat of fire.

Don Pflueger /

nothing is flame retardent when its soaked with gas.

What barnd of moped do you have?

tomos

John Joedicke /

Tomos gas caps will leak, Lean any one over and you will have a puddle of gas. It doesn't matter if its a locking cap or a non locking. Empty the tank before you put her down in your car.

yeah I was gonna say if I lay on my front brakes on my lx gas comes out. I need to make something.

hmmm

"If i lay my ped down on its side will it mess anyhting up?? becasue i need to put it in my van but i dont know if it will fit if it stands straid up is this bad for a moped to do this"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time we went through all this you could have measured it to see if it will fit standing up.

My Vespa Brovo fit into a Dodge Caravan with no problem.

Don Pflueger /

my lx did too. just had to remove the mirrors.

ok well i have a pontiac transport and if i stand it up how do i keep it from falling over

Don Pflueger /

bungee cords. get them as tight as you can.

thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account