here are my problems

ok this weekend im finally going to the shore and i get to try and fix my moped. now i need to know what to fix. well my moped is a 1996 targa. it starts right up, but when i shift into 2ng gear it shakes alot and it feels like the moped is gonna fall apart and its really scary. 2nd thing is it leaks alot of oil my back rim was all white now its black (covered in oil) but i premix my gas and oil so im not quite sure how it leaks oy oil. and last my chais broke, like you know where the master link is its like the clip that holds the two ends together well that snapped and i had to walk the bike home because u couldn't find the clip (can i just buy the clip thing serrate rather then a whole new chain) ???

OK now so in order from first to last what should i do from 1st to last

Thank you please help me

dan

Re: here are my problems

Take the top, bottom, and side bolt of the engine to drain the tranny fluid. flush and refill with type F, or dexron ATF. Refill by replacing top and bottom bolt...then fill in the side hole with a sqeeze bootle (ketcup) until fluid starts comeing back out at you on level ground. Replace side screw.

It's not oil on you tire and rim...most likely chain gunk. Get a new chian and clean all the sprokits with kerosene rags (or just clean your old chain in keresene). Put on clean chain and make sure you have all the right clips...a chain coming off at high speed is no game.

Clean the carb and fuel line just because it a 96 Tomos that's been sitting at "The Shore" and all should be well.

Don Pflueger /

you can buy a master link at any motorcycle or moped shop, and some lawn mower shops and hardware stores. but..... when you put it together, look at the locking clip carefully. place the rounded end in the direction the chain travels. one side of the clip has a rounded edge, the other is squared. make sure the squared side faces out. if you dont do this, it will fall off. most likely out on a ride.

oil leaks are usually found on the pedal shaft, or the transmission ouput shaft. sometimes just replacing the seal fixes it. but if the shaft is wobbly, then you may need a new shaft or bushing.

the shaking sounds like a bad clutch shoe or a wekl spring.

would i be better off just buying this new engine from ebay?

attached pic its only like 20 bucks

Don Pflueger /

i doubt it. someone is selling that engine for a reason. probably doesnt run or needs some work. in that case, you'd be better off fixing the one you already have. try changing your tranny fluid first.

how do i change the fluid like where does it go????

Don Pflueger /

on the bottom right side is the drain bolt. on the lower right side cover is the level screw. and on the upper right side is the fill hole..

does anyone 1 have a pic of where theses holes are cause i have no idea where they are

Don Pflueger /

just look on your engine. you cant miss them. the screws are just mounted right in the cases. they dont hold anything together.

Ben Van Zoest /

Someone near him please go and help the kid out of his misery...

where can i get transmission fluid and is it hard to put it the hole do i need anything in perticular?

Don Pflueger /

a funnel is helpful. get type a suffix a or type f tranny fluid at any auto parts store.

On the funnel, DO NOT get a big one. Get one with a small hole on the end. So that it fits where you took the screw out.

and what do i do just turn it on its side and pour it in like i have no visual here cuz my ped is at the shore

help

i hope this isnt hard cuz ill be doing it tommorow

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account