clean a carb by boiling???

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

I found this idea on the web. Has anyone ever tried it? It might be worth a try. Feedback please> jim

Re: clean a carb by boiling???

Don Pflueger /

ive done it numerous times. boil it in a pot of water if it is really gummed up and carb cleaner isnt working. it softens the stuff up and makes it easier to get it out. in most cases, boiling a carb means to soak it in a vat of carb cleaner. the acid boils the crud out of it. there really isnt heat involved.

you don't boil it in regular water? that seems like it would be a good idea.

Don Pflueger /

yea i do. but only if its really gummed up.

I did once before I knew anything about moped reapir at all b/c of donps advice and it worked mad well

mad well.

did i stutter?

lol

The best thing about boiling your carburator is if it does not get it clean, at least you have soop.

(So, sorry for the bad joke, but it just needed to be said.)

Don Pflueger /

no it really doesnt clean it. it softens up the stuff that got so hard it looks like glass. then you can clean it with wire and carb cleaner alot more thoroughly.

Steve Williams /

i don't know if anybody lives near a yamaha dealer but yamaha do their own carb cleaner which is excellent stuff,you can either soak the whole carb off the engine or just drain the fuel out of the carb and replace it with the cleaner,it is expensive but totally worth it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account