My lever has this screw that allows the cable line to be tightened/loosened up. It has a tiny cable hole on the lever itself and when you put the cable line into that hole, the screw tightens the cable in that certain position the line is in.
In other words, the clutch cable on the Columbia has a ball on one end (connected to the clutch itself), and the other end is open ended. (That is inserted in the lever and tightened)
I think it's really nice. It only took me less than a minute to tighten that cable and it pulls the clutch really nicely! :o)
Fortunately, my clutch itself is in great shape. It seems to me that the moped was restored but the previous owner didn't finish the restoration or never put in gas.
I found the cables all mixed up in the bottom cover that is bolted on. Because of this messy configuration, it pinched and bent cables so that all the throttle, brakes, etc were really tight. I simply removed that cover and straightened up the cables and put the cover back on. And now all the cables move smoothly.
I really lucked out on this deal with the Columbia. It's in such a cherry condition.