puch wiring

Jeremy Schaefer /

im trying to convert a 6 wire system to a 5 wire moped...swapping motors...i cant switch the magnetos because the flywheel started to strip the crank threads when i had it apart before...if i have it apart again it will ruin it and ill have to rebuild the whole motor...not an option!! HAS ANYBODY PUT A NEWER MOTOR (1980) ON AN OLDER PUCH(1977) like im trying to do??? IF SO HOW!!!??? They have different wiring systems...5 & 6 wire...

thanks to all of you 4 your help!!!--Jeremy

Re: puch wiring

See Ya Moped Army /

Just out of curiosity, how does using a flywheel puller to pull off a flywheel, strip the crank threads? I've never heard of that happening before.

Jason Luther /

is the extra wire for turn signals maybe? see what coil its coming from in the magneto. then compare with the 5 wire magneto, you can probably just eliminate the wire-jason

See Ya Moped Army /

It's not for turn signals.

Jeremy Schaefer /

the flywheel stripped because some idiot rode the ped for some time w/o a woodruff key...it became off balance & stripped...the wire is not for turn signals.

Jeremy Schaefer /

all i need 2 no is if its been done before (possible to convert?)

Richard Wisniewski /

yea man its for a seperate wire for a kill switch. Canandian version had the kill and high beam on one switch.

the american has a seperate one as well as they have stop lights where the canadian doesnt from what i remember.

the american has a external coil and a 10 amp generator coil on thre stator. the wiring is totaly diffrent but can be changed with a little tlc and booze sometimes weed if your into that stufff.

Richard Wisniewski /

I think u need to rework the wiring harness can be done in a afternoon if you have wore and the diagram of the wiring systems for both style of peds, COME ON YOU CAN DO IT!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account