What Tomos Do I have?

Not sure if this fits here, but I am trying to find out more information on my Tomos Moped. I beleive the cylinder says A35-50.

Re: What Tomos Do I have?

Don Pflueger /

well, you have an a35 engine. what does the bike look like?

Dario Nieva /

Sorta looks like a Targa, but it says it's 1999, Is there any way I can find anything out from the VIN numbers? I bought this through a police auction, thats why I don't know much about it.

Don Pflueger /

is it a step thru or a top tank? can you post a pic?

if it's a 1999 tomos it's got an a35 engine. I can tell you that much.

if it's a stepthrough (black) with no blinkers or oil injection, then it's a tomos sprint.

if it's a stepthrough (blue or black I believe) and it has blinkers or oil injection, it's a targa.

if it's a top tank, it's a targa lx.

Definately A-35, on the motor.

yeah thats for sure, A-35, yep,

1999 and "sorta" looks like a targa? did you try looking at the photo section? i believe that your answers will come easily. not too many tomos' just sorta look like a targa.

Dario Nieva /

It's silver and gold. I'll try posting a picture today or tomorrow.

Don Pflueger /

thats great. but is it a step thru or a top tank and does it have turn signals?

Dario Nieva /

It has turn signals and the oil is in the seat.

Maybe its a 1999 A-3 Bullet, lol. And Top tank, to boot!

does it have a motorcycle like gas tank, or is it more resembling a bicycle?

This is a Tomos Targa:

This is a Tomos Targa LX:

Dario Nieva /

It looks more like the first picture 'cept the sides are sorta different... It's like thinner at the sides and the engine isn't really covered by any case.

OK - This is a Sprint

Did you ever look at the photo section like Jason said?

Don Pflueger /

ok, that helps some, but try to answer the question at hand. IS IT A STEP THRU OR A TOP TANK?

Glen Stewart /

Cyberian, it couldnt be the sprint because Sharpie clearly stated that it has turnsignals and oil injection unless the pervious owner added that onto it. Sharpie please post a picture of it, then we should be able to tell you accurately what it is. If we see no picture there is still no way to tell.

Glen

Dario Nieva /

I am sorry, I don't know the difference between the two.

man, I've posted some extremely worthwhile questions on the forum here and haven't had anywhere near the response this guy gets for a question that can easily be answered by the photo section.... oh well

Sharpie -

I don't know how I/we can help you anymore without some co-operation on your part.

I'll ask you again - did you look at the photos as Jason suggested quite a while back?

Is your bike a top tank or a step-through - like donp asked quite a while ago.

Really, help us to help you.

Don Pflueger /

yea, and i asked that more than once.

Dario Nieva /

It sorta looks like this one. I say sorta because the part that is circled isnt there, its just the engine and the pegs, no surrounding plastic or anything like that. Also it's silver with gold wheels.

I DONT KNOW what are step-through or top tank is. All I know is that the engine is A35-50 and it has an oil tank in the seat.

1105820772_tomos.jpg

Don Pflueger /

if it has turn signals, and looks like that bike, its a targa. step thru is what that bike is. top tank is a moped that has a gas tank up high like a motorcycle. cyberian posted twopics for you. one was a step thru, the other was a top tank.look at them. its easy to figure out. someone just removed your side covers. alot of kids do this cuz they think it will lighten the bike up or make it more areodynamic and go faster.

but lik i said, its a targa.

yea, like donp said, its a targa with removed side covers. I have one, Love it, (Picture in my profile)

'Author: donp (---.clvdoh.adelphia.net)

Verified User: donp

Date Posted: 01-15-05 09:03

yea, and i asked that more than once."

don -you are 100% correct. and I hope you didn't think that I was trying to usurp your authority, knowlegle or experience.

Don Pflueger /

no sir i dont.

Martin Olkowicz /

i say you just throw that pile of junk in the trash, but the garbage men probably wont take it, gimmie a few bucks, and i'll do you the favor of disposing of it for you.

now on a serious note, just go to the photo section and look trough to see what looks like yours, those side covers you circled are missing cause some douchebag took em off, just like they took em off of norb's, and sal's peds. you have either a targa or a sprint. most likely a targa, cause of the large headlight fairing.

Don Pflueger /

the fact that it has oil injection and turn signals makes it a targa

Dario Nieva /

Not like your piece of crap was working right before you sold it to Norbert, infact its probably still not working right. It's amazing he hasn't kicked your ass yet.

As for looking through the pictures, don't be a deuchebag. You said look through the pictures but then you answered the question in the same post.

You fucking idiot.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account