NP 50 acceleration

I have a Jailing NP50t-ma and recently i have been having a loss of acceleration when moving from an idle position. Also, the front pulley has been acting kind of funny, like jerking when i am idle. Anyone have some suggestions on what to look for? I am kind of new at this so bear with me. Thanks a lot.

Re: NP 50 acceleration

Belt should be tight between the pulleys.. maybe yours is slipping. Grease or oil on the pulley or belt or a loose belt can make a belt slip.

Did you recently do some work on the rear wheel? Maybe the wheel is too far forward. Did you do any work on the bike just before this started?

This bike's tranmission system is very much like my Honda PA50 II .. variator and belt drive with a gear box in the rear wheel.. Follow directions in the manual if you understand the broken english.. Page 16:

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=40

... or just pull back hard on the rear wheel and keep the wheel straight when tightening the bolts and adjusting the belt.

Bradley /
OP

I had recently changed the belt because the old one was getting pretty worn out, I will try tightening the new belt.

The front pulley jerking when at idle is caused by the centrifugal clutch partially engaging because the idle speed is too fast.

After you adjust the v-belt, try slowing the idle down a little.

Bradley /
OP

how do i slow down the idle? sorry i am a noob.

To see if the idle is too high, put the bike on the center stand and note if the rear wheel spins at idle. At some low engine RPM the centrifugal clutch will make the bike move forward. Idle speed must be below this RPM.

Idle speed is usually controlled by a little screw on the carburetor. This particular screw pokes through and touches the throttle linkage. The tip of the screw holds the throttle open slightly.

If you turn the screw one way it opens the throttle more and the idle speed gets faster. Turn it the other way and the engine slows down.

There is probably one more screw right on the carburetor that adjusts the idle's fuel-air mixture. If both screws are adjusted properly, the engine will have a nice, slow smooth idle. Refer to the bikes owner's manual for directions on how to adjust idle.

One thing to keep in mind is if you adjust the idle speed when the engine is cold, it will probably die when it's warm and you come to a stop.. So get the bike good and hot before adjuting idle.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

http://www.kidatvs.com/kmx50_manual2.pdf this manual is for an ATV but same engine with pictures. I printed the whole for my info. jim

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Ignore my previous post, it was for a 4 stroke. jim

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account