Need Puch 3 Shoe Clutch

Edward Edwards /

I need a 3 shoe 1st speed clutch for a 2 speed '84 Puch A.D. I've been e-mailing MWH for the last 5 months with no responce. I need your help in finding one, thanks

Re: Need Puch 3 Shoe Clutch

James Foster /

I believe http://www.50cc.nl has a 3 shoe clutch, although I'm not sure if it would work on a two speed. Did you try putting a subject on you're e-mails to MWH? If not then the e-mails you send go to his deleted folder and are probably never read.

JF

Dan Danner /

sportsbay.com $44.95

did yu try posting this at mopedguru.com

should be quicker.

Don't do the Sportsbay thing! I have had bad exp. with them! They are so high on prices, and it takes forever for your junk to come! I spent over $100 on 2 Sava MC2 tires! Damned ripoff!

Ben Van Zoest /

Are you looking for this item?

1105379111_clutch_puch_maxi.jpg

Edward Edwards /

YES!!!!

The 1-speed clutch, reagradless of 2 or 3 pads, is NOT compatible with the 2 speed crank.

yeah the previously pictured clutch won't work on a 2 speed,

i think your looking for one like in my attachment,

i would maybe try handy bikes, i don't deal with 2 speeds much, but i do know that the parts for them are harder to come by than the single speed engines,

1105411079_za50_1st2nd.jpg

Edward Edwards /

The clutch I need is the one that Bernard had in his attachment, also the clutch has a smooth bore that goes on the shaft not a geared one. Bernard if you have one or know where I can buy one please send me an e-mail. thanks

Ben Van Zoest /

I do not know any source in the US, I have seen them on a Holland website that's why I have the photo. More likely you have a one speed machine like mine. I will try to find a source.

Ben Van Zoest /

BTW. what is wrong with the clutch? They virtual are indestructible. The dogs can get out of adjustment causing rattling in idle. Your inquiry was for a one speed clutch on a two speed engine what gives???

Edward Edwards /

I think I said 1st speed not one speed. the engine is a E-50 2 speed for a 1984 Austro Daimler Puch. The clutch is worn down and coming apart, it has 6000 miles on it.

the e 50 is the single speed puch engine, and the za50 is the 2 speed puch engine, both have different clutch set ups entirely

you said

"1st speed clutch for a 2 speed

Edward Edwards /

Look in the photo section for '84 Puch Astro Daimler. If you have a 3 shoe clutch like Bernard showed that's in good shape I'd like to buy it. It shifts into second gear @ 18 mph. Just make sure it has a smooth center hole not a geared one, the clutch is pressure fitted on the shaft.

unless i am totally just full of wrong information, the one bernard showed is for a single speed e50 puch engine, i have 6 of those engines my self, have cracked them open and the there is no shifting involved, if thats the clutch you need its pretty easily found from moped warehouse and 50cc, among other places,

John Joedicke /

Hey ped58, if you can't find the right one couldn't you just bore the clutch out for the press fit? Its the alternative. JJ

Ben Van Zoest /

ped58 just get one from brett mystery solved....

ped58, you have a 2 speed

The clutch bernard showed you is a 1 speed, it will NOT work.

The 2 speed clutch you need may have 3 pads, but that is not it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account