exaust

how does like a biturbo or a bullet make u go so much faster then a stock exaust

Re: exaust

James Foster /

Well for one thing this should be in the performance related forum. But anyway the difference is that the stock pipes are generally built to be quiet and restrictive, as to comply with local moped laws. While the after-market exhausts have something called and expansion chamber, which acts like a supercharger of a sort. Every pipe is different, and usually have different "power-bands" according to what you need. Like the Bi-turbo has a very good top-end (top speed), but it's lower power-band suffers, while for example the Tecno Estoril exhaust has a great low to mid-range power-band.

There's always a trade off with pipes, and they are all tuned differently, so it just depends on what type you need. And the after-market pipes' exhaust manifold is usually about twice the diameter of the stock one, which allows the engine to "exhale" better. It is also recommended to get a kit for you're bike, so that you can get the most out of you're pipe, although you'll have to re-jet with the new pipe. If you need more info on the subject, look it up on the Internet, or ask people here in the performance section. I'm sure you'll get all the info you'll need. :)

Hope this helped,

JF

well wat would be the differnce if i rode with no pipe

James Foster /

Ok, if you run you're bike with no pipe, it's gonna be extremely loud for one thing. And if you don't re-jet when you do that, the piston would most likely seize. Not to mention there's just a hole down there, and dirt, crud, water, etc. could get into the cylinder bore, screwing it up big time. Trust me, riding without a pipe wouldn't perform much better that stock not to mention the problems that go with it:

1) No back preassure = not very good low end, and screwed up timing.

2) No silencer = you losing hearing temporarily and/or pissed off neighbors with 12 gauge shotguns ready to blow you're head off because you're too dang loud! (exauguration, but you know what I mean)

3) No header = gunk and crap getting in you're engine, and possibly blowing up or seizing.

4) No pipe = no performance gain, ticked neighbors, possible engine failure due to wrong jetting and/or crap getting in you're bore/crankcase, and overall bad news for you're engine.

So, now that the lesson is over, we now know that no pipe = problems. My advice; clean out you're stock pipe really good, or purchase a new after-market pipe according to what type of power-band you want and/or budget. One way to tell which one you want is to look around the web, and find reviews on different pipes available, or you can ask people on here about a specific pipe you have in mind. Knowledge is power, and if you have anymore questions, just ask. :)

Good luck,

JF

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account