Delloroto in place of Encarwi!!

I am replacing the junk Encarwi on my Tomos to a ?Delorotto? (I don't know how to spell it!) It came off a TX50 Tomos dirtbike. It is the stock carb found on an A-35. I bebieve the cable is coming with it too. What mods will I have to do to get it to fit my A-3? I will probably need a new intake manifold. Thanks.

Re: Delloroto in place of Encarwi!!

See Ya Moped Army /

You'll need a different rubber boot to the air box.

Kewl. I can get one of those K&N filters for it?

do you have the tx50 tomos dirtbike? I'm looking for a kickstart conversion and all of them are kickstart.

Nope, I bought the carb off Ebay. It was for sale about a week ago. The motor was for sale too.

What about the stock Encariw intake? The carb will fit over it? Spacers? Drilling it out? I haven't got the carb yet, but I want to be as ready as possible!

try to get an exterior intake

For an A-3!? Have you gone mad!? I doubt such a thing has ever even existed!

But, Mr. P, you would know for sure what I'm talking about. MopeLar, same with you! I am almost certain the Encarwi intake won't work with a Delloroto. The Mope Junkyard shows a different style intake to be used with one, but they are kinda pricey.... I could modify my Encarwi one maybe to fit, but I need some input, please!

See Ya Moped Army /

You will need a Tomos intake to fit the Dellorto carb. The Encarwi intake is too small for a dellorto carb.

Will I have to go through The Moped Junkyard, or do you or anyone you know have one they don't need/want, or will sell?

Don Pflueger /

call ike. the intake from an a3n should fit an a3, and the a3n used the delortto. other than that, you will need to wait til you get the carb to see what size adapter it has in it. the adapters are replaceable. they can be hard to remove, but ive done it. there are two different size adapters that i know of. but i dont have their measurements handy.

the exterior intakes that are on later model tomos' with a35s and dellorto 14.12s should fit on a3. Costin in our branch has an targa lx with an a3 (or a3n or somethign that is not an a35) and i gave him an exterior intake that I had pulled off a targa with an a35 and he put it on his moped. I don't know if he has a reed vavle in there or what but it fit and his moped runs good.

Yeah, I definately have no reed valves! I need some exp. with an A-35 though. Thanks Mr. P, I'll give Ike a call when "my shit(p) comes in." la la la....

OKEY-dokey! I got the carb in the mail today. I cleaned it all up: it needed it badly. It came with a 53 jet installed. DonP, what jet sizes do you reccommend I buy? I was thinking 49, 50, 51, 52? OK?

Don Pflueger /

52 thru 56. do plug chops tho.

That big!? I figured just a little bit above what my Encarwi is: its a 48! I'll try the 53, but I think its a bit big. The plug will tell the story. You wouldn't happen to have any of those intake manifolds that I need, do you Don?

Don Pflueger /

no i dont. sorry.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account