tomos sprint

Jason Grunder /

I just recently discovered the sheer enjoyment associate with riding a moped. I have trouble maintaining full throttle. Any advise or info on repair manual would be greatly appreciated.

Re: tomos sprint

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Please be more specific. Do you mean you slow down on hills?

have you tried cleaning the carb real well???

WHAT YEAR IS IT??

Jason Grunder /

It does power down up hills but I'm 210#. The problem is when I'm at full throttle enjoying myself the moped seems as if it wants to give me more. It's never perminent. The moped almost hesitates when I'm at full throttle. I beleive it's a 93/94. I also have a build up out my exhaust of what looks like just oil.

Make sure the spark plug is clean and not almost black. Too wide a spark gap can make it uncooperative also

mine did the same thing clean the muffler, i took mine off and picked up 10mph but put it back on so i didnt lock up the motor.it was caked on the inside with carbon

Michael Romano /

Sounds like you may be fourstroking... May need a new jet! Read Freds Guide And get back to us!

Michael~

Wait a minute...clean the pet cock first. If it's bogging at high speed chances are (esp. with that year) the fuel line is clogged alittle at the pet cock. When you start to reach full throttle it's clearing out the float bowl in the carb before the fuel line can refill it. Also check your fuel filter. Do these two things before you go messing with your jets or muffler.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account