maxi luxe wiring

hey guys. I started to rewire my puch. holy crap I'm so confused. I'm not sure what to do I'm horrible at wiring. any puch experts around?

Re: maxi luxe wiring

See Ya Moped Army /

Get yourself a wiring diagram. The wiring is slightly different depending on the number and color wires you have coming off your Puch's magneto and the type of ignition and light/horn switches that you have. Everything is color coded and very easy to follow.

everyone sucks at wiring until they get down there and do it.. and even afterwards .. like today i got no spark.. wtf? Messed with connections for about 30 minutes and finally noticed the kill switch was set to "off".

Everything you should need, http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/puch/sm/puchsm.htm

good luck man! it is a bit confusing

Jason Luther /

dont look at the wiring diagram as a blue print. nothing is to scale or even in the proper 'place'. all you need to know is where one end of the wire is connected, and where the other end is connected. pay attention to the colors. if it has, for example, blue/black, thats a blue wire with black stripes. wiring diagrams are all common sense.-jason

what if you're all fresh out of common sense? =P

Jason Luther /

i usually run on abnormal sense, but that gets me into trouble

Troy Brown /

do we really need that on&off switch? what about a kill switch?and MWH has a cool headlight with the switch built in the housing thinking about going that route to eliminate a few wires on the handle bars. anybody got that setup?

Jason Luther /

you could have nothing but the spark wire coming out of the engine if you wanted to.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account