Kinetic Help

Justin Brownell /

How do you remove the Head off of a kinetic. I took the bolts off, and it didn't seem to make any differance. I have been looking for a manual for this bike as well. anyone know where I could find one online? I looked for it on the MRA site. (I think thats what its called, the site with all of the manuals)

thanks for the help

Justin

Re: Kinetic Help

Stephen Shope /

This is what I do. Remove both side covers. Take off your air filter and carb. Now take out all of the engine mount bolts( there are three) and remove the clutch. Taking off the clutch is sort of tricky because you have to hold a screw driver in the crank and then take off the nut that holds the clutch on. Once all this is off you can ( and I know it sounds like a lot) twist the crank and wiggle it sideways until it comes out of the frame. Do not forget to unhook your wires going into the crank. But after all of this the cylinder, crank case, and cylinder head are out of the bike and easy to work on. Then to get off the head just loosen the three nuts holding it on. I think this is the easiest way but you do not want to drop the engine your can leave the clutch on and let the engine dangle down far past the front foot pegs so you can take off the head. It sort of sucks though because you have to work at a weird angle.

Justin Brownell /

wow that is a whole lot of work for just getting the head off. alright thanks for the help. I think I should have just stuck with Italian bikes. haha

Why do you want to take off your cylinder head?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account