what is this thing on the head of a kriedler

hey helpful moped folks.

im trying to get an older kriedler flory to run after several years of not. does anyone have any idea what the hell this thing sticking out of the head is or does? thanks for your help

-Lee

1104101171_pict0334.jpg

Re: what is this thing on the head of a kriedler

decompression valve possibly (?)

as a follow up, i just noticed while pushing the moped, that the little pin moves in and out of the head as the engine turns over. also it has spring loaded clip attached to it that looks like it may have held a cable at one time

It is a decompression valve, it is not working right now if it is going up and down with the motor, you are losing compression, and if the motor does run you will get loud pops out of the valve, when its hooked up right it is to make the bike easier to turn over to start it, then it seals back up after you release the starter lever.

thank you ray,

now another question, can i fix it easily? or should i lock it in the in or the out position?

looks like the one on my sachs...

usually, there is a spring keeping it closed...

when pulling the handle on the handlebar, it'S opening and decompressing....

the cable that decompress it is the same one that goes inside the engine to engage the clutch system...

should be aeasy enough to fix, just see what you can do.

all the infos here are for my sachs engine, so see if the info is usable

g.b.

If it is like every other one I have seen it needs to be locked in the out position. On my Sachs I wrapped a wire tightly around the valve and pulled it tight to a screw on the frame, no problems yet, but I am planning on removing it and putting a bolt in its place soon.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account